WELCOME TO POMONA
Pomona is located in Pomona Valley, between the Inland Empire and the San Gabriel Valley, in Los Angeles, California. The Population of the city was 149,058 according to 2010 senses. The city is named after the ancient Roman goddess of fruit, named Pomona.
Places to visit:
- Puddingstone Reservoir– Spread over an area of 250-acre, it is an artificial lake between the Orange Freeway and the San Bernardino Freeway in Los Angeles.
- American Museum of Ceramic Art- Dedicated solely to ceramic art, the museum hosts exhibitions & offers classes in its clay center.
- Pomona College Museum of Art- Pomona College's museum has American & European art, student exhibits & an after-hours music series.
- NHRA Motorsports Museum- Museum tracing the history of hot-rod racing with vintage cars, motorcycles & artifacts.
- Pantera Park - This recreational park has multiple sports fields & courts, a playground, dog park & picnic area.
- RailGiants Train Museum- This museum on train history features locomotives on display. It is a must visit place in the city.
- Alf Museum- This museum offers a vast selection of fossils & specimens, plus history exhibits.
Places to stay:
- Motel 6- Straightforward budget lodging offers modern rooms with Wi-Fi, plus an outdoor pool & free parking.
- Comfort Inn- Basic hotel with free breakfast & architectural features from a restored century-old building.
- Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center- Conservative property offering a pub-style restaurant, plus a 24-hour fitness center & event space. It also offers free Wi-Fi and free breakfast.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites- Bright rooms in a contemporary hotel offering an outdoor pool & a 24-hour gym, plus free breakfast.